Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh! Those are knees!!!!!

Audrey is a great little artist. My friend Cindy England once explained to me how all kids go through the same stick figure "evolution" as they learn to draw people. They usually start out with big heads, big eyes, and no torso. So here's a typical picture of Audrey's -- blue sky, yellow sun, pink clouds, little girl with black hair, stick arms, and what you may ask?!? Yes, those are knees -- just in case you're tempted to think they might not be -- Cash also gets knees when she draws pictures of him. :) How very important that everyone has knees. No hands or feet or ears, but at least we can kneel down.

3 comments:

Trish said...

I love it! Of course they are knees. What else would they be?? We had a friend whose daughter always drew "Puffy Sleeves". The look was pretty similar! Love keeping in contact with you, by the way :)

Anonymous said...

That's the best! It's so funny that of all things, she picks up on knees!

Kate said...

I am glad to know that all kids have some sort of thing they pick up on and that it is not just my kids when they are drawing and coloring. I love that you are doing the blogging like we do-we'll mostly me, Corey just reads it afterwards. I will probably be more like other people in July when we have baby #3-not as many entries, or I'll have to put Corey in charge of posting pictures then. Miss you guys!!