Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big Day

Well, I should have posted this long ago, but in December we had a really special day. Spencer was baptized a member of our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a really special day and he was so excited. Cash baptized and confirmed him. He looked so grown up that day and when he wore his first little suit I almost cried. I can't believe that I have a son who is old enough to be baptized!! He is such a great boy and he really tries to do the right things. He's a great reader and fantastic little mathematician (he does fractions better than I do!). He loves to play tetherball, one of his Christmas presents. And he's really good at the universal big brother job -- teasing little sister. He's a great boy and I'm so lucky to be his mom.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Wish we could have been there! Spencer's such a great kid :)

Kate said...

Marisa,
Ok, I have checked out your sling website and I do want one but let me let you know which color I want after I find out what we are having in February so I don't get a blue sort of one if I have a girl. Sound good?? What would you be coming to College Station for in May??? You'll have to let me know if you come and when you come down this way since we are only in Austin. Just an hour and a half away. Well, hope your doing good and I love the slings!! Your a sweetie!

Rhiannon said...

Isn't it scary how fast these kids grow up? Just yesterday they were little and not in school and so grown up. Yikes! Congrats to Spencer! What a neat day!

Kate said...

Marisa,
Got your email and I hope you get to come with Cash to College Station! I find out what I am having on Feb 22nd and then after that I will let you know what kind of sling I'd like (I mean which color). I think it is a girl but we'll see. Girls is in the water in my ward here-everyone is having a girl so far this year that has found out. Hopefully I won't be the lone one without a boy, I'd love for Ashlyn to have a sister since I never had one. Hope y'all are doing great up in Idaho-I bet it is beautiful!! Congrats to Spencer, I can't believe he is 8!!!

Jared and Maren said...

Tell Spencer I'm going to whoop him in tetherball next time we're in Boise. I noticed that Cash didn't put a horseshoe pit in...
Jared