Wednesday, January 16, 2008

I can't believe they put that *smut* on the radio!

I was driving home today and laughed out loud at a memory.

Remember the pre-American Idol Paula Abdul song "Rush, Rush?" Well, it came on the radio today and I remembered one time driving with my mom in the car when that song came on and my mom hurried and turned the song off and said something like, "I can't believe they put that smut on the radio" -- anyway she thought Miss Paula was saying "push, push" :)

A couple of my other favorite misunderstood lyrics:

"Secret Asian Man" -- I always thought that was so cool that there was a song about an Asian man. Maybe the Agent was Asian...

"Big old Carolina" -- poor Carolina... I only learned this was "jet air liner" a couple years ago.

What are your best lyrical interpretations?

1 comment:

JeNeale said...

my sister bev and i fell in love with a song long ago as kids, and used to ask adults about the song, but nobody knew what we were talking about. we said, it goes "we tell a lie". (sweet caroline) --brent