Saturday, January 19, 2008

I need one more distraction...

so, I decided to venture into my favorite baby necessity: the sling. My sister Jenn got me hooked on babywearing -- and so I bought a peanut shell sling which I loved, loved, loved. I wore it almost every day and even though Emmett is 10 months I still use it. I had two and found them to be so handy and so I wanted to get them as baby gifts for my friends and family. But, they were just so darn expensive! Plus, the sizing was really hard to get right and I got tired of mailing back slings.

So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and have started making my own slings and YaYa Baby Slings has begun!! Come visit the website at http://yayababyslings.blogspot.com. I'm so excited -- I have enlisted the help of my friend Jenny and we've got some really fun fabrics. The pictures on the website are a bit retarded and don't really show the true colors but you can get an idea! I'll try to get more up soon.

Anyway, if you would like to buy one for friends or family let me know! They're fantastic gifts and a must-have baby item!!

Here's some pictures of one of my favorites:

5 comments:

Trish said...

That's awesome, Marisa! Good for you! I will definitely keep these in mind. (It will be a while...I am on the 7 year program. hehe)

Emily said...

Good luck with the slings! I have always loved them...but I could never quite get the podaegi style on right when I was in Korea and worked at the orphanage...maybe I'm too short! I have several friends I'll send over your way. When it's our turn to put a bun in the oven, you'll have to give me a how-to lesson! :) By the way, I heard "Secret Asian Man" today and thought of you..haha.

Emily said...

Hey Marisa,

I was going to let you know you might want to get word out about your product over at Kimchi Mamas, they are a Korean/KoreAm/KoreanAdoptee network online of moms and dads, and they are always looking at fun new things!

http://kimchimamas.typepad.com/kimchi_mamas/

The Hills said...

Awesome!! I can't believe you're doing this and think that you SHOULD make it a business venture. I love it! Some day (hopefully in the next year or so:) I'll coming your way for some slings.

Katie said...

Marisa!! My sister called and said, hey I found the Hill's blog, don't you know them? Anyway, I am so excited to catch up with you guys! My (me and Bob) blog is
www.thehellerhotline.blogspot.com
I can't believe how big Spencer is, and Audrey and Emmett are just precious! Love, Katie Heller