Thursday, January 10, 2008

Captain Awesome

Wow, it has been so fun to hear from so many friends and family. We are so blessed to have made such true and lasting relationships over the years. When I think back to the places we love (Pocatello, College Station, Las Vegas to name a few) those places have such a hold on me because of the memories we have with each of you!!!!

So, the other day my phone rings; it's Cash. Instead of "Cash's cell" which usually comes up, it says "Captain Awesome." Are you kidding? The guy who claims he can't program the remote or pay the bills online can change the name on my phone?!? (I had to input the numbers into his cell!) It does make me smile, though. His hubris1 is amazing.

In addition to Captain Awesome, Cash keeps calling himself a "movie star." teeheehee. He was interviewed for a documentary that should air sometime this spring. You know when they interview those guys, sitting in an office surrounded by books, wearing brown jackets and often scruffy beards, with "Johnathan Bruce, Ph.D." at the bottom? Insert Cash, no jacket and nicely trimmed beard (he'll thank me later for both)! So, that's kind of fun. He's also going to be doing something with the governor's staff about budgeting. So, he's keeping pretty busy.

p.s. Ok, and I admit it; this RS stuff is kicking my butt!!!

1Hubris or hybris (Greek ὕβρις), according to its modern usage, is exaggerated self pride or self-confidence, often resulting in fatal (!) retribution. (Source: Wikipedia...don't tell that to that mean COMM 101 teacher...she doesn't let you use Wikipedia as a source!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a great picture of Captain Awesome on my cell phone that I see whenever my brother calls. Amazing. I should download and sell it on eBay for big bucks . . . Love you, Cash!

Trish said...

It's good to hear that some people never change...we love our Cash just the way he is!