Monday, September 8, 2008

Why I love the end of summer...

  • watching college football...Whoop!
  • enjoying the unbelievable weather -- evenings on the deck are my favorite time of day
  • the kids are back in school
  • wearing hoodies (which are great at hiding any muffin-top that may or may not be the result of a lazy-dazy summer and too much chips and salsa)
  • planning Halloween costumes
  • sleeping with the windows open
  • picking perfect apples and peaches at the orchard
  • Finally, I love the end of summer because of this:
This is what I picked just this afternoon! It is so fun to enjoy the fruits of all our gardening labors! It's been such a fun summer; the tomato plants were huge, the squash took over the lawn, the cucumbers outgrew their trellises! Each year I learn so much! I'm excited to try again next spring. Actually I'm going to try some swiss chard this fall.

3 comments:

JeNeale said...

Love that picture of all of your produce. I'm so proud of you! I really am going to get it in gear and put stuff in next year. Now that you know what you're doing, you can help me do mine.

Fall is my favorite season by far for many of the same reasons. Mostly the weather, though. I love the change in weather . . . the chill in the air. I love winter clothes!

Lataun said...

Marisa...hi...I SSSOOOOOO agree with one reason to love fall...the hoodie. I love to wear hoodies. They are my whole wardrobe.

Good Job on your garden. I'm impressed!

Lynette said...

Dang girl...next time your kids are selling produce...sent a wire around. I would have LOVED to purchase some goodies from your cute kids!!!