Sunday, March 30, 2008

If you know my husband...

...you'll understand why this dish made him happy:

Apple Dumplings with Mountain Dew
Yes, there are really only two apples but TWO(!) sticks of butter. Really. This dish is evil on so many levels.

We were visiting Jared (Cash's brother) and Maren and Maren showed me this fantastic site: The Pioneer Woman Cooks and it is so much fun!! This is a great site. She shows you step by step with great pictures and witty quips how to cook! Her pictures and instructions almost make me think I could make these recipes. Mostly, I just read it because it's funny. Anyway, she had this recipe for Mountain Dew Apple Dumplings and I knew that I just had to make these for Cash. They were delectable. And fattening. And I gained 10 pounds just reading the recipe.

So, thanks Maren for the great recipe and fun site!

We had a great Spring Break -- we went to Sun Valley (to visit Jared and Maren) and then we went to see my brother and his family in Burley and had a nice visit with my sister Jenn and her family. It was great to be with so much family; we are blessed to have such great families and even more blessed that we love to hang out with them!

I've decided that since Flashback Friday (which I missed this week because I was out of town) is so fun I'm going to try "My Favorite "fill-in-the-blank" Recipe Monday" -- so get your recipe box ready to share! I can't wait to get some new recipes! :)

9 comments:

Emily said...

Jae has suddenly regained his affinity for Mountain Dew and given up on the Excedrin. Maybe I'll have to try this for him too!

Heidi said...

That is too funny. I hope Cash enjoyed them.
I made your curry the other night. The kids said "mom you havn't made this in so long...it's sooo good." It made me think of you.
Love you lots!

Rhiannon said...

Could there possibly be a more fitting recipe for your cookbook? That is awesome!!! And Marisa...I didn't know YOU were coming to CS too!! Yay! Hopefully we can get together and go eat at one of those places to eat on your list!!!

Trish said...

I lover Pioneer Woman's sites...all of them! I have tried her Lasagna, which is amazing, and her french bread. So good! Maybe I will try the pie next.

Katie said...

ok, so bob is a huge mountain dew fan as well, or as he calls it, liquid manna! i'll have to try this recipe...

Unknown said...

I love the pioneer woman!!! I can actually do her recipies! I am actually going to try this same dish soon!!

Jay Hill said...

You can thank me for Cash's love of the Dew. I will also proudly take credit for his love of classic rock, even though I thought he may have moved on to at least one other genre by now. Boston is still the best rock band of all time! And to think that I live a mere 70 miles from the holy ground that is Beantown.

We'll try the recipe and let you know how we like it. I'm obligated to love it, but Lauralee and the kids will be a bit more objective.

The Hills said...

I just have one thing to say...Priscilla Presley a psychic???? Its all fitting together now:)

Lynette said...

Wow...that recipe looks sooo yummy!!! I think Randy would LOVE it!!!

Thanks for sharing!