Friday, April 4, 2008

Flashback Friday...way back!

So I started Flashback Friday but realized that I don't have a scanner! So, for now, my pictures are limited. But, this is one of my favorite pictures ever.

This is me and my mom; I love how happy she looks. I don't know much about it except that it's taken at my Grandma and Grandpa Rockwell's house (the one my mom grew up in). I think that it's taken about the time I was sealed to my parents (in the St. George Temple). Sometimes I feel sad when I think about my parents missing the first 18 months of my life when I find so much joy in the little things that Emmett does. But I'm so grateful they chose to take the little girl with the sticky-up hair! I love you mom and dad.

9 comments:

Trish said...

I'm glad they chose the girl with the sticky up hair, too!

Lataun said...

oh Marisa, that is so cute and I can tell that's you. You haven't changed much...just kidding.

J Willhite said...

I remember so clearly your little face - such a happy baby girl and so happy and energetic from the second we saw you. I feel so sad too, that we missed your first 18 months. Thank you for joining our family and being so amazing! Mom does look happy - it's a fantastic photo. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I too am glad that Charles and Carolyn picked that little girl with the sticky up hair. I am so happy that you came into our lives. You have blessed us with your special spirit.

Thanks for going with me to dinner and a movie last night. It was great!

Lynette said...

That pic is soooo cute! And your Mom does look sooo happy. I know the feeling too....I was 6 weeks old when I was adopted and my mom goes crazy thinking about those 6 weeks she missed!

You are such a cute baby...and I LOVE the stickey up hair!!!

Katie said...

what a cute little girl you were!

Laurie Nelson said...

What a great picture! I love the way your mom looks. I can't imagine how thrilled she was to have you. You have blessed each others lives.

Emily said...

I can totally see your kids in you. Look how adorable you were...and are! It's great to see pictures of your mom too...I've only ever seen one!

JeNeale said...

Wow. Emmett and Audrey look so much like you! I shudder to think about where my brother would be if your parents hadn't sacrificed so much to get you to Texas and then to Ricks College. I am so grateful you are part of our family. We are blessed.