Friday, February 22, 2008

Sisters

What a whirlwind couple of weeks!

I went down to Las Vegas with Emmett to be with my dad and sister after my dad's sister died. It was so great to see family and to be together. This picture is Four Generations (two trees): Grandpa Rocky (my mom's dad), my dad Charles, me, and Emmett. Grandpa was recovering from a vertebrae injury and we had a little church service with him on Sunday.


After such a fun time in Vegas, my big sister couldn't get enough of me :D so she decided to come and visit us in Boise!! Some of the week's highlights:
  • We went sledding on a hill that was much too fast and steep for my sister's nerves or my hamstrings.
  • We divided and conquered at the movies -- the girls went to Enchanted (Audrey and I love Enchanted!) and I took Spencer and Emmett to the Water Horse.
  • We bought really cool kites at Costco and found out that if you run fast enough they stay up. That lasted about 5 minutes.
  • We went to Sephora and found out that natural minerals from the earth are a lot more expensive than chemicals created in a lab. But we told each other we look much younger now and bam! sale.
  • We had a blast. I'm so lucky to have such a great sister!
Today was Spencer's last basketball game. He loves playing and is a great little defender. Their team was undefeated and he made his FIRST basket!!!! Whoohoo. I was worried he would go the whole season without making a shot, but he got one at the last minute.

3 comments:

The Hills said...

Why is it the "natural" or "organic" costs so much more?

Why is it still snowing here in Hailey? No flip-flops here for a few months.

Why haven't you come up to visit us lately to fix your tooth?

JeNeale said...

I want to know in a couple weeks how the natural stuff has changed your life, because then I can convince my husband that I need some. :)

Yeah, Spencer! Wish I could have seen the hoop.

I think we all need to descend on Sun Valley at the same time to get our teeth fixed. Don't you think?

Trish said...

Way to go Spencer!!! Glad to hear you had fun with your sister. I think sisters are much better in the adult stage...hehe!