Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I love spring!!!
Between the really nice weather and "nesting," I am in full Spring Cleaning mode. Well, actually, I'm thinking a lot about my plan of attack for spring cleaning...

Most of you know that I can be a little freaky about some things: which toys go in which boxes, scheduling the days I can do laundry, alphabetizing random things, sneaking a peek at the end of the book before I start... Ok, so I like organization. It makes me happy, and peaceful, and content. And, when I'm organized I feel like I can start a project. I'm sure there's much insight I could get from Dr. Phil, but I can't seem to help it!

So, for what it's worth, I thought I'd share with you some of my organizational tips.
Here's the first one: DRAWERS!
(I can take no credit for this -- it's from my seestah, Jennifer!) I don't know if this sounds familiar: drawer full of shirts -- stuffed to the brim, but only the top five or six only get worn...the same five or six every week! Have you seen the t-shirt on the bottom of the stack since Daughtry lost American Idol? Uh-huh...See what I mean?!?! Or...have you ever gone into your 5 year old daughter's room and found every shirt in her drawer on the floor because she was looking for the "shirt with the pink flowers and the sparkly writing?" True story. I see the shirt...It's nothing fancy, as you can see from the pictures, if you fold your shirts in half lengthwise and then fold that top to bottom and then in half again you get this nice little size that fits perfectly in a child-size drawer. This way, you can look in the drawer and see exactly what you have and exactly what you need! You may remember shirts you didn't even know you had (or that you should have long ago thrown away) and you can see everything at a glance. I also do this with their pajamas and their jeans.

So there you go...organizational tip #1!

4 comments:

Trish said...

I like it! When I have some free time, I am going to do that...or make Gabe do it :)

Lataun said...

Marisa...cracks me up...I'm a little OCD the other way. I'm a "hanger" I don't dry anything...so then it just goes into the closet on a hanger...I hardly have anything in their drawers. I'm glad to see someone else is spring cleaning also. I just put my vanity light fixtures in the dishwasher to clean them...there's a tip for you.

Whiteley Family said...

This is an awesome idea. I have this very problem. Thanks for sharing!

The Legg Fam said...

Love it. To bad we don't have our shirts in draws. Any suggestions for clothes on shelfs in the closet?