Friday, October 28, 2011

Crafting and Sewing!

So between Halloween costumes and all the fun projects I have "pinned" (um yes, I am addicted to Pinterest) I have been sewing and trying out lots of fun projects. Here's a couple favorites!

Winter Scarves!
These scarves were so fun and easy to make! I found them on this cute blog. I made two cute pink fleece ones for Audrey and Ava.Our annual trip to The Pumpkin Patch.
Ava picked out her "baby pumpkin" and it pretty much never left her hands all night.

I also made two scarves for me out of lightweight knit -- one in deep red and one in deep purple.
Audrey was my model, thankfully.

Baby Bib-Aprons...Cute!!
So Ava is such a great baby. However, mealtime is a circus. She has a bunch of little baby bibs...that are just that...baby. They're too small, the velcro is all matted, and she rips them off. Most of the time I just take off her shirt after a meal! So, I was thrilled to find this pattern!! I love her tutorial; she does a great job explaining this adorable pattern. Ava is in bed so I don't have a picture of her wearing hers, but she wore it for dinner and it was a success!! I made one for Ava's cousin; he's a lot bigger than her. We'll try to make him a Bronco fan while he's young! :)Here's the back. In her tutorial she uses flannel, but I didn't have any and there was no way I was going to go Joann's the week of Halloween!! I used some terry cloth fabric that I had and I actually think I like it better. It's soft and cute and super absorbent. What I love is that it fits like an apron...with little sleeves and Ava can't get it off!!!! There are brilliant people out there in blog-land!

Upcycling an Old Tshirt!!
I found Cash's old Chicago Cubs and Dallas Cowboys tank tops (yep, you read that right!!). They were in the Goodwill box (because if you're a grown man, thou shalt not have tank tops...ever), and then I found this blog post and I made this!! (to be fair, they were his tank tops in middle school :)
It was seriously so easy and Audrey loves it. It was just a little snipping and a couple stitches. I think there's a pile of camp shirt, coaching shirts, and triathlon/5k shirts calling my name!

I'll post Halloween pictures soon! It's going to be awesome...the theme is "Viva Las Vegas" this year! Cash's costume turned out awesome!

Happy sewing y'all!

2 comments:

Lorinda said...

How appropriate...the song that started playing when I viewed your blog . . . Stay . . . "Where have you been, my long lost friend? It's good to see you again." :)

You're so crafty! Love seeing what you've been up to, and can't wait to see the costumes. They're always the best!

The Hills said...

Lets be honest, Cordell is not THAT much bigger than Ava....he just makes THAT much bigger of a mess:) Can't wait to see you guys and thanks so much for the bib, its the ONLY one that doesn't get ripped off his head immediately