Monday, February 16, 2009

Valentine's Day Ode

"Lucky" Official Video With Colbie Caillat


My friend Jenifer put this song on her blog a while ago. Take a listen -- it's a sweet song. When I heard it I thought it would be perfect for Valentine's Day. Well, it's also perfect for February 16th. :) Or any day for that matter because I really do feel very lucky to be married to my best friend. Truly.

When I think about who I'd like to see, it's Cash.
When I think about who would love a certain restaurant, it's Cash.
When I think about who I'd like to show something funny, it's Cash.
When I think about who I'll ask a question I've been pondering, it's Cash.
When I see something ridiculous or funny and want to tell someone, it's Cash.
When I'm frustrated or upset and think about the first person to call, it's Cash.

So, sorry dude, you're it! For the long haul. I love you.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Marisa I'm glad you and Jenifer are blog friends. I wish you were both in Utah because you'd be new besties :) You remind me a ton of each other and, of course, I love you both ;)

Lauralee said...

I love the song!!! You and Cash are the perfect compliments for each other - like catsup and mustard. (No, I didn't mean condiments, I am referring to two frequently-used and complimentary items in the Cash and Marisa household.) Seriously, I see more and more clearly every year how beautifully you work together and how much fun you have. Perfect song!

Unknown said...

Love the song. I am so glad that you married that boy of mine. He is quite a remarkable fellow when he is not givig his mom a hard time. Love, Mom

The Legg Fam said...

Love the song. Thanks for sharing. You and Cash are so fun to be around. We are so lucky to have you as friends.

Trish said...

I love that song, too! You two are quite the pair - perfect for each other in every way :)

J+S said...

I wish you lived in Utah, too! Just like Emily said. I am so glad you like this song. It's one of my favs.

JeNeale said...

It's obviously been a long time since I looked at blogs. I finally heard the Lucky song a few days after you told me about it, and yep, it's the perfect love song. And speaking of perfect, I marvel whenever I'm around you and Cash that you and he found each other. There are few couples I know that I think are perfect compliments to each other, and you are one of them. Great post!