Thursday, July 17, 2008

Viva Las Vegas!

The Rockwell Family reunion (my mom's side) was in Las Vegas over 4th of July weekend. It was a blast and great to see everyone. But, WOW -- July in Las Vegas is hot, hot, hot! We weren't certain that the read out in our van went to triple digits, but evidently it goes up to 113 degrees! But, it was certainly a fun trip.

One day we went to a huge indoor (whew!) Bounce house place with slides, webbed obstacle towers, and boxing rings. Everyone had a blast -- even the adults got in on the fun.

Audrey racing down the huge slide (Emmett even did this one with me!)
Don't be fooled -- these gloves look soft but I could barely lift them! Which means 1) they're really heavy or 2) I'm really wimpy. Please don't actually answer.
Cash and Emmett enjoying the tall slide. I think Emmett is enjoying it...
Audrey cheesing it up in the mountains
One day we went to Mount Charleston (it was about 15 degrees cooler) and had a picnic and just enjoyed the beautiful mountains. I love the mountains. At the talent show, Spencer and his cousin Tanner showed off their athletic prowess with their own spectacular version of plastic jai a'lai. We had to clap them off the stage. It was cute.
Audrey and Grandma went up to learn how to hula dance from some hula dancers that came. Not sure what's going on with my camera...
Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids. Travis is MIA because he got struck by "Typhoid Rockwell" -- some nasty little virus that spread like wildfire and had about 14 casualties by the time it was all said and done. Not the best picture of my kids: Spencer is looking at Emmett, I have no idea where Audrey is, and Emmett is screaming.

Well, it was a great reunion and although it made me miss my mom terribly, she comes from a fantastic family who really step in as our "moms" when we need them.

We're leaving tomorrow for Cash's family reunion in Cascade, ID. It should be lots of fun, lots of food, and lots of skiing.

4 comments:

Rhiannon said...

Spencer? Wow he is sooo grown up!!! And I can't tell who is having more fun on the slide, Emmett or Cash?Hmmm...good to see ya'll smiling and having fun. Those family reunions can be a drag, glad yours aren't!!

Trish said...

Whew! You guys make me have jet lag just reading about all of your travels! I'm so happy you had fun, and even happier that we got to spend some time with you guys!!

Unknown said...

Gotta love all the traveling! How fun to be able to see so much family!! Are you tired yet?

Emily said...

Audrey is so funny; Marisa, where did she learn how to pose like a little model!?! heheh. Maybe from her beautiful mom! (I saw some baby pictures of you from Jae's book Charles brought. You are so cute...)

Have fun at the other reunion, and may another bout of family fever not strike again!