Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Sugar and Spice...

Audrey is a girly-girl. She loves pink, princess stuff, and Fancy Nancy (if you haven't read this book and you have a young girl, you should so add it to your library list...along with another one of our favorites, Pinkalicious.) To be fair though, she is one tough cookie -- she runs with excitement when I find an earthworm so that she can add it to her "collection" of other poor garden critters, and she can pummel her eight year old brother with no problem.

One of my favorite things about being the mom of a little girl is fixing her hair, all fancy-nancy-like. Usually I have to fix her hair in a "princess-do" which means something like Pocahontas braids, Belle twists, Cinderella buns, or Aurora curls...hey, it works! We have a lot of fun.

Recently we have discovered this fantastic site: Hair Today on my friend Calise's blog. I had gotten in a rut with her hair (a bit like the rut I am in with my hair...my ponytail hair...but that's another post...) but now we have so much fun picking out hairstyles on the blog. (There's a link to Girly Do's by Jen which is great too).

Anyway, here's a few of our latest. This one's a variation on "Heidi of the Alps:":This one is just two little braids into a "messy bun."

14 comments:

Lauralee said...

Although a "messy bun" seems like it should be a cinch, I just can't figure out how to do it - on myself or Lacey Grace. She has one hairstyle which she calls "the regular way." I'd love to change that.

Emily said...

She looks darling! Are you guys going to Las Vegas? And can I hire you to do my hair on the days I just don't want to!?!?

Unknown said...

I love that blog- maybe someday Mady will have hair :)

Wingers opened yesterday- but you might want to give it a few days, our poor waitress!
It does have a lot of T.V.s though- it has a sports bar in it with a Giant Screen and the Yankees were on so of course we had to "check it out" Everyone was still getting the hang of things!

J+S said...

I am so excited to try out the hairstyles. Is it okay if I post about this blog on my blog too?

Anonymous said...

Oh how cute! That's alot of fun!

Laurie Nelson said...

Her hair always looks so cute. I wish that Becca would have let me do something with her hair when she was little. She yelped as though she were about to die even when I brushed it.

Trish said...

You may have to show me some of those...so cute! Maybe Emma's hair needs to be longer, though.

Lynette said...

That messy bun is soo cute! And I always wondered how to do it!!! She is a dolly!!! And I love that she can take her brother!!!! You go girly girl!!!

Katie said...

cute cute cute hair!! audrey is adorable!

The Hills said...

This is probably reason # 4 why I need a little girl. Preston will ask me every time I do his hair, "It's laying down right? Nothing sticking up?" (How boring is that?) At least Noah is at the age where he doesn't even really know he has hair:) I give him a mohawk every once in a while, just to be reall daring.

Unknown said...

http://www.piggiesnponies.blogspot.com/

another cute hair site! :)

Anonymous said...

Ya-Ya looks so cute!

I love blackeyedsue. I'm on a message board with her and it's been fun to watch her hair blog grow in popularity! it makes me smile every time I see someone oohing and aahing over it! :-)

DNAgallows said...

I love this blog! I haven't seen you in so long, but Audrey looked familiar. It was your precious daughter and her cute hair! Way to go. I just chopped Taylin's off, but can still do some fun things thanks to this blog help. I also have done my 10 month old...who has always had so much hair! I have a ways to go to get my girls' hair looking like that!

background pictures for free said...

Hello

You don't know me. I stumbled onto your blog when I was looking for two messy buns. I remember doing my daughters hair all the time. Live it up! When she gets older she won't let you(talking from experience). Great job on your daughters hair-very "girly."