Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day:
Or Charles and Cash on Fashion

Yes, a little late, but on Father's Day we were in the DFW airport. So in honor of two of the greatest fathers I know, here's a little glimpse into one of the best Father and Son-in-law relationships out there.

Setting: A minor [very minor] league baseball stadium for the Texarkana Gunslingers. My dad is noticing that some of the people don't wear very "practical" shoes to the ball park. My dad is very practical.

Charles: Cash, why in the world would someone wear high heels to a baseball game?

Cash: Well, Charles, it's because it makes your butt look hot.

Charles: [long pause]...Do you think it would work for me?

Cash: [straight-faced] I don't see why not.

Cash and Charles on Father's Day

7 comments:

Trish said...

HA! I so needed a good laugh today! The out loud kind! Thanks!

And SO great to see you again. I used my new syrup jug (should I call it that?) for gravy last night. I worked beautifully...

Anonymous said...

That is TOO funny!

Although I'd be willing to defend high heels at a baseball game! After all, you're sitting down the whole time, so you get to look cute without having your feet hurt!

Unknown said...

That is too funny! I am glad to see you back, we have missed you!!

Emily said...

Marisa,
Charles is too funny :)
My car is like that one, but it's a light baby blue color.
It looks like this one:
http://www.newbeetle.org/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=439&stc=1&d=1127430418

Kate said...

That is way too funny! I am glad to hear that y'all had a great time with your dad!!

Lauralee said...

No wonder I haven't been turning heads! Silly me, I thought it had something to do with my five children.

JeNeale said...

Do you think high heels would work at marching band competitions or choir concerts? How about kindergarten field trips? Those are pretty much the only places I really go, and one can never look too hot when out with one's children.

So glad ya'll are home. We missed you!!