Sunday, November 9, 2008

Of princesses, superheroes, and cowboys...

As most of you know, Halloween is a big-hit holiday in the Hill household. We had a great time this year. We have a couple's Halloween party -- this year's theme was Superheroes and Villains. Cash and I decided to go old-school this year and go as Skeletor and She-Ra. Cash's costume and make-up turned out fantastic, if I must say so myself... :) As for me...let's just say it was my first foray into sewing with vinyl. I went through a lot of vinyl and gold spray paint! It was a fun party. We had a root-beer tasting contest. We learned a couple of things: 1) I could not identify any root beer in a blind taste test and 2) if you have to buy generic, Albertson's wins hands-down! You can see lots more pictures at our Picasa album.

I think She-Ra always wins this battle right?
Crazy!!! I also learned that I should never become a blonde.Cash's Sis and BIL -- Beetlejuice and Elphaba from Wicked.Cash's Bro and SIL as Kung Foo Panda and Tigress (a big jump from KISS and Darth Maul! :)Audrey as Belle (thanks Grandma for the beautiful dress!) Emmett as Woody the Sheriff -- complete with pull-string!
"There's a snake in my boot!"
Spencer as Ben 10

13 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh how I long to party with the Hills. You guys are so much fun. I miss you gobs.
The kids look adorable and I'm loving both of your costumes.

Alli said...

Marisa - your costume ROCKS!! I thought mine was cool till I saw yours :)!

Unknown said...

HOW FUN!! You look great! :) and as always, your kids looked adorable! :)

Trish said...

Too cute! Too bad we don't live closer and could celebrate together. Oh ya, I hate dressing up...but you make it look like fun!

blog_meg said...

Your entire family has some AMAZING costume skillz!!

Katie said...

You guys looked awesome!! And Marisa, you could totally pass for a blonde! :) I love the Woody costume too...so great!

The Legg Fam said...

Love the costumes !! What a fun night. The kids look great as well. Next time I need a costume made I know who to call.

Anonymous said...

holy moly, you guys look awesome! great jobs all around on those costumes.

J+S said...

I love your costume! Awesome job.

Kate said...

How fun to party with the Hill's! I absolutely love the costumes for the whole family :) We miss you guys so much.

Anonymous said...

I <3 <3 <3 the Woody costume!!

He's SOOOO cute!

Alli said...

We just went private with our blog so call me with your email address and I'll send you an invite.

Kate said...

I miss you blogging!! I want to hear the latest about the Hill's! Look forward to your next blog!